Mobile dog grooming during COVID-19
Updated 1st May 2020 - Government advice may change.
There are no confirmed instances of transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19) from pets to people. However, the virus could be passed from person to person via a surface such as a dog’s fur, collar and lead.
We're resuming our service
After careful consideration and following guidance from the Pet Industry Federation we have made the decision to resume our mobile dog grooming service. In making this decision, we have consulted with HM Government Business Support, our local authority (Central Bedfordshire Council) and our insurance provider.
How can we do this safely?
We will consider each individual situation and how to safeguard you. Specifics can be discussed at the time of booking. This will include finding a way to collect and return your dog securely, in a way which maintains a two-metre distance between you and the groomer and minimises any time spent in the owner’s home. The following protocols will also be followed:
- The owner should retain all equipment such as leads. We will collect your dog using our own lead which will have been disinfected between grooms.
- Dogs will be bathed first wherever possible. If clipping is needed first, the dog will be wiped down using a pet friendly wipe and PPE will be worn and disposed of after bathing has been completed.
- All equipment will be disinfected after bathing and between grooms (including lead, scissors, clippers, brushes etc.)
- Gloves and masks will be worn for the duration of any contact before bathing and disposed of after use.
- All surfaces of the van will be disinfected between grooms (including table, floor, walls, bath etc.).
- Any waste from that groom must be disposed of at the owner's property. A tied-up bag will be left with you to dispose of.
- We can only collect one dog from any household at any time and only one dog may be groomed at a time. Any other dogs will be left in the owner's property, with disinfection of the van occurring before the next one can enter.
- In all cases payment must be made by BACS or PayPal the day before the appointment. This will, of course, be refunded if the appointment cannot go ahead for any reason.
When will we resume our service?
We will resume our service from Monday, May 11th. We will prioritise existing customers and anticipate being extremely busy for the first 4-6 weeks. It is unlikely that we will be able to take on any new clients during this period.
If you are not happy with any of the above, we unfortunately will not be able to book you in at this time. Please stay safe and contact us again once the pandemic is over.